BCU Theme Bugs

BCU Theme Bugs

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 11
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I love the new BCU theme and would love to move my site to it but have found the following bugs - not sure if you want them posted here or elsewhere..  I am using the latest version on a test 2.9 site.  Happy to test if that helps...

1.  Small screen/mobile menus do not appear to work at all

2.  User dropdown does not work on mobile/smaller screens

3.  I have used an image for my header background - the first time I click on the login button, it downloads the header image file.  The second time the login button works (this is not just with the login button but any button I try)

4. Changing the link color from the settings does not change the link color.

5.  Messages link in NavBar does not go anywhere...maybe this is by design if you have no messages.  By the way, if I have no messages, I really don't want to see a badge telling me I have no messages!!  Any chance that could just show if there are messages?

That is what I have found so far.  You have done an excellent job with this - thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: BCU Theme Bugs

by bobby demers -

The message in Navbar not working is definitely not by design Emma... mine isn't working either across 2 installations black eye

Appears to be a bug in the theme... Hope it's sorted soon as I'd like to use this theme for when the students return in September!

bobby

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As far as I am aware the BCU THEME WORKS THE BEST ON 2.7 

If there is a 2.9 Version then I would suspect a few bugs as 2.9 Is very different than 2.7

Where did you get the theme from? Which version?

cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Emma,

I have installed the BCU theme and I am now about to uninstall it as I do not consider it ready for Moodle 2.9. There are too many issues with it. Lots of things have changed in 2.9 and BCU needs to update to the new way in which themes work now.

Sorry to be so negative, but I was very disappointed as it is such a nice looking theme.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, I won't be using it either - I agree, it is a shame.  Very nice looking theme with some great touches.  It looks like Bas is getting closer on the Bootstrap fix for 2.9 which will fix the minor issues I have with Elegance so I will be sticking with that..

by Jez H -

Hi Emma,

There is a new version on Moodle.Org which should resolve the menu issues, sorry it took so long to fix.

In reply to Jez H

by Emma Richardson -

Upgraded to latest version and still seeing same issues.  Menus do not work in Mobile view.

by Mike Grant -

Have you purged the caches?

I've tested this on iPad, iPhone 5, HTC one X and am only having one minor issue that doesn't really affect the menu too much.

Could you provide me some specific information about the problems, combined with screenshots/videos of the problem?

Thanks

by Mary Evans -

Hi Emma, there were some issues which have been fix in 2.9.1 last Thursday which affected the collapsible menu in small screens, so perhaps you need to upgrade to latest stable version 2.9.1?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Emma Richardson -

Thanks Mary - I will upgrade and see if that helps.  Will report back.

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

I am using 

Moodle 2.9.1+ (Build 20150828) with latest theme BCU $plugin->version   = 2015070100; $plugin->release = '1.3.1'; I just downloaded Moodle and BCU yesterday.

and I have discovered when I use my iPad Air, the drop down "V" link at the top right-hand corner of the screen (that displays the "Dashboard, View Profile, ... Log Out" options) simply will not respond to my taps. So when I use my iPad, I cannot log out of my Moodle site. 

On my Android Smartphone, I can select the "V" but sometimes it takes me more than a few taps - even if I tap on the User Profile icon and User name located at the top-right-hand-corner of the screen (once I have logged in).

Other than that, I am lovin' the theme. Anyone find any problems on iOS/iPhone/iPad access?

Regards
Frankie Kam