Essential Error in PHP Error Log

Essential Error in PHP Error Log

by Scott Karren -
Number of replies: 6
Gareth,

I am using Moodle 2.8.5+ (Build: 20150326) and just upgraded to Essential 2.8.1.4 (Build: 2015040900).  I have begun to notice the following errors showing up in my php error log.  My site appears to be working normally and I haven't been able to find anything not working.  Just thought I would report this to you so you were aware.

[20-May-2015 08:24:58 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  md5_file(C:\WWW/theme/essential/style/): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\WWW\theme\essential\lib.php on line 122

Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Karren

Re: Essential Error in PHP Error Log

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the report.  May I ask if your '$CFG->themedir' has been set but Essential is still installed in the standard themes folder rather than the one stated by '$CFG->themedir'?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Scott Karren -

Gareth,

$CFG->themedir has NOT been set and Essential is installed in the standard themes folder. Hope this helps.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In that case it does not make sense given the code: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/master/lib.php#L105-L122

So is your Moodle installation in 'C:\WWW' and thus would be the value of '$CFG->dirroot' ?

Is your site public please?  As the request is for a folder and not a file, which should not happen here and I've not seen in my error logs.

by Scott Karren -

Gareth,

Yes, my site is located at 'C:\WWW'.  Interestingly enough, there is no entry for '$CFG->dirroot' in my config.php file. Where I would assume it would go I have the following.  Checking the config-dist.php I see the same thing.  I do see it clearly defined in my old 1.9 config.php, I wonder how I missed that? Unfortunately, my site is not public.

In reply to Scott Karren

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Scott,

The 'dirroot' is generated by the code.

I see that you've posted this: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=313911 - therefore I think there is something very wrong with your installation and hence the strange errors.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Scott Karren -

Gareth,

I would and have thought the same thing.  After some digging I found the following reference in the Moodle caching documentation.

"The second cache type is the session cache. This is just like the PHP session that you will already be familiar with, in fact it uses the PHP session by default. You may be wondering why we have this cache type at all, but the answer is simple. MUC provides a managed means of storing, and removing information that is required between requests. It offers developers a framework to use rather than having to re-invent the wheel and ensures that we have access to a controlled means of managing the cache as required.
Its important to note that this isn't a frequently used cache type as by default session cache data is stored in the PHP session and the PHP session is stored in the database."

Now I am not so sure it is my installation.

Scott