Problem Installing Blocks - Please Help

Problem Installing Blocks - Please Help

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 3

OK, something is wrong here.

I tried to install the course menu block and go the following error on my admin page:

Warning : file(f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle/ blocks /block_course_menu/block_block_course_menu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 21

Then I tried to install the multiple search block and got this error on my admin page

Warning: file(f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle/blocks/multiple_search/block_multiple_search.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 21

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Problem Installing Blocks - Please Help

by Karrie V -
Please, can anyone help me??? 
In reply to Karrie V

Warning : file(f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle/ blocks /block_course_menu/block_block_course_menu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 21

by Karrie V -
One more try.... PLEASE HELP!
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Warning : file(f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle/ blocks /block_course_menu/block_block_course_menu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 21

by Jan Dierckx -

Karrie,

This error is most likely caused because the blocks are not installed in the right place. The block course menu should be installed inside a directory course_menu not inside a directory block_course_menu. Moodle automatically appends another block_ prefix. That's why you get the odd block_block_course_menu appearing in the warning.

I guess the same thing is happening with the multiple_search block. Take a look at how all of the other subdirectories inside the block directory are structured. Inside a directory called fantasticnewblock there will always be a file called block_fantasticnewblock.php

If you cannot find the problem, post a screenshot or listing of your blocks directory here. That way it's possible to check if everything is in the right place.

You should also visit the administration page of your moodle install after adding the blocks: visit /moodle/admin/index.php

Ideas to clarify the install instructions are certainly welcome. I will include them in a next release of the multiple search block.