How to make an activity that shows other users answers

How to make an activity that shows other users answers

by David M -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone,

A teacher in school asked if the following activity could be created on moodle. Basically, they want teachers to do some writing standardisation practice. 

Teachers need to be able to read a short sample text and give it a mark out of five on four different criteria (content, organisation, communicative achievement and language.)here 

Here's where my problem is. They want the teachers to submit their answers and then see the range of marks other teachers have submitted. 

Is this possible with moodle? I would love to hear any solutions you can think of. 

Thank you for reading,

David 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David M

Re: How to make an activity that shows other users answers

by Mike Verna -

HI David,

I have been doing this for some time now, for writing samples.

eval

The students are in the normal location column.   The other columns contain manually entered grade items.   Each teacher is assigned a reader name.  They enter their scores, and can see the others' scores.

If you want teachers evaluating teachers, make sure you enroll the users as both teachers and students.  That way they will show up in the student column.

In reply to Mike Verna

by David M -

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Using gradebook is a good option. 

The only problem I have here is that there are several different levels within the department. Some teachers have some levels and not others. I wonder will this look a bit confusing with 40+ teachers and 12 + levels?

Thanks again,

In reply to David M

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Create a course only for teachers > Enrol teachers as student role. 

Then, you can use either:

Feedback or Questionnaire: show response after submission, show user name or anonymous

You need a text area for answer and radio buttons or checkboxes for criteria.

You can use Database activity as well.

HTH

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to William Lu

by David M -

Excellent suggestion William. I think that will work perfectly. 

Thank you both for your help.