Plugin for Respondus

Plugin for Respondus

by David Fish -
Number of replies: 4

I'm attempting to install the Respondus plugin to export a quiz from Moodle into Respondus, for packaging as an QTI, which I can take to other VLEs.

I have downloaded the latest Respondus plugin, but when I attempt to install it, I get a strange error I've never seen: "Plugin does not declare its version" causing a VALIDATION failure.

We are using Moodle 2.7+ in a Windows Servier 2012 environment.

Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Fish

Re: Plugin for Respondus

by Just H -

Check the plugin folder; all plugins should have a version.php file, perhaps there was an error with the upload.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Fish

by Floyd Saner -

David,

I run into this problem often when installing the Respondus plugin from the Moodle admin install plugin page.  Respondus does not have the plugin configured properly for that type of installation.  I got it to work one time by modifying the Respondus plugin code.

The easiest way to install the plugin is to directly upload the Respondus .zip file to the server in folder <moodle_root>/mod/, then unzip the file.  It should create a folder respondusws and install the files there.  Then open Moodle and go to the notifications page. That works.

If you don't have direct access to your server files, then open the Respondus .zip file and edit the version.php file. I looked at the version.php code of some other plugin that works and modified the Respondus version.php file accordingly.  As I recall, I had to do more than change the version - there was something in the PHP code that had to be changed.

Please report back.  I can dig into the code if you need more assistance. Good luck!

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by David Fish -

Floyd,

That did the trick. I moved the zip file manually into the /mod file, then extracted it, creating the proper directory. Then when I when into Admin/Notifications, it was ready to be installed.

Worked like a charm.

Next I found out that I needed to be listed as a teacher in courses where I wanted to extract quizzes into Respondus, for conversion to QTI files.

Not a problem, just an additional step.

We are moving to a commercially based LMS, and I have some courses that have become so bloated that the normal backup does not work, so I needed to find a way to move items manually into their new course shell.

Sorry to be asking for help on Moodle site when by August we will no longer be using it.

I appreciate your help.