Font of the month - May 2015

Font of the month - May 2015

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Moodlers,

This months 'font of the month' is 'Roberto' as can be seen attached in Essential for Moodle 2.8.  You can get the font from: www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/roboto.

I chose the font for two reasons:

1. YouTube now seems to be using it, so it must be good smile
  2. iMoot 2015 (2015.imoot.org) uses it too.  I'll be presenting on theme design so if you've not signed up already, then there is still time to see mine and many excellent presentations.  Yes, this is advertising not normally allowed on forums, but its run by Pukunui who are a Moodle Partner.

Cheers,

Gareth

Attachment 2015_05_15_18_03_13_Course_Course_Creation_Groups_and_Enrolment.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Font of the month - May 2015

by KirK Chapman -

Cool.  I am an Arialist by default. Simply because its easy. To me Roboto is a sibling to Arial and my other go to Arimo. Myriad Pro is my other favorite cause it's a bit less 'up-tight!'

Given the choice however, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between Arial, Arimo and Roboto. Can you tell?

Thanks,

Peace

In reply to KirK Chapman

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kirk,

Yes I can tell smile - it looks like the tracking is a little different between them, slight alterations in curvature and length of the lines.  I learnt a lot on Pagemaker V1 back in the 80's - great stuff smile.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by KirK Chapman -

Gareth,

Pagemakerwide eyes ? Had to look that up. Precursor to InDesign! Always learning. cool

Thanks,

Peace

In reply to KirK Chapman

by Derek Chirnside -

No I can't tell.

I'd probably need more letters to decide what I really like.

And I used Pagemaker.  Never quite made the shift to Indesign.  Yes, I feel old.

-Derek