Grade Groups

Grade Groups

by Guildford College Group -
Number of replies: 1

We are using Moodle 2.8. We have a student induction course with thousands of students enrolled and need to filter them out by subject area. Is this possible?

We could manually create groups for each subject area and manually add students to each but that would take a long time we need to automate the process. If we populated the 'department' moodle user profile field with their subejct area is there a way we could filter on this instead?

If we were to use the 'department' field to create cohorts would that be any better?

I'm thinking that what I'm asking isn't possible via the front end, possibly with some back end development it would be, but out of the box modle isn't capable of doing what I've asked.

In reply to Guildford College Group

Re: Grade Groups

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have a plugin that will automatically create groups based on a field (we only have a few options but organization is one).  Needs installed in your local folder.  You set it at the course level and it will automatically create the groups for you.

Developer has submitted to plugins database but it is not there yet.