Need help with embedding Videos in Moodle

Need help with embedding Videos in Moodle

by Priyanka Wani -
Number of replies: 4

I am having trouble with using Moodle's inline video player. I have the multimedia plug in turned on. However whatever videos I add to a label or a page, I have to download them and see it. There are not getting embedded into Moodle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Priyanka Wani

Re: Need help with embedding Videos in Moodle

by Bryce Holland -

Moodle's inline video player works well with flash video files (with the .flv extension). Flash video is still supported across multiple computer platforms. Most of the times any other video format (ie Windows Media or Quicktime) will have to be downloaded in order to play, since the user's computer may not know how to play it in a web browser.

There is plenty of freeware available to convert video files to flash. The Zamzar website will let you upload a video file to convert it as well.

by Priyanka Wani -

Thanks. I was not trying a .flv file. Will try that.

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Priyanka,

Are you using a 3rd party plugin or Moodle's standard multimedia filters? Moodle's multimedia filters should generate the correct embed code from whichever video file format you're using. There's no need to convert video files from one format to another, which is a lossy process and degrades the quality of the video.

Firstly, I'd ensure that the multimedia filters are enabled and correctly configured in the site administrator settings.