How to make Dataform A access Dataform B details

How to make Dataform A access Dataform B details

by Iruma Tenji -
Number of replies: 4

I had dataform B which had three view --> First View (default), Second View, and Third View.

I created another dataform named A. I want dataform A access Second View content.

How can i make it. In dataform A content, if i write dataform B, it will point to the default First View

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iruma Tenji

Re: How to make Dataform A access Dataform B details

by Hartmut Scherer -

I haven't tried what is mentioned in 'Dataform 2.6 - list/detail views,' but it may give you an idea how to link to a view in another Dataform activity.

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Iruma Tenji -

hi Hartmut,

Thanks much for your reply, i had read through it, but i still cannot figure it out.

Especially in this part: ##viewlink:view-name;link-text;url-query;##

can please help to explain this part with some example?

besides, that content just teach us how to link to other view in the same dataform1, but it didn't show how to link to other view in other dataform2

In reply to Iruma Tenji

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Iruma,

Sorry for my late response. We had a typhoon here on Guam and lost power and Internet connection. As mentioned before, I haven't tried out to link to another Dataform activity and I am not sure when I will be able to do this. Just to get a feeling for the Dataform activity and for linking to other views, I would try out what Itamar Tzadok suggested in Dataform 2.6 - list/detail views April 26, 2014 and see how it works. 

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Iruma Tenji -

Hi Harmut,

Thanks for your reply and very sorry to heard the situation that had happened at your place.

For your inform, i had found the way to do it.

But there's a another issue which i haven't figure out how to do it, that is how to insert the user profile field into the dataform?

As i see, there's indeed some default EAU --> Entry Author (internal) included.

If i want to add in another user profile field, for example: country, home address...etc

What can i do?

Thanks