Main Menu block not in the dropdown list (2.6.1)

Main Menu block not in the dropdown list (2.6.1)

by Casper Pieters -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, I am trying to create some static pages for my top menu and I understand the Main Menu does the trick (Activity - Page).
However, I can not find the 'Main Menu' block.  I am using 'Genesis' theme from Ararazu.  In my Block Manager the Main Menu is present, but I simply do not know how to make it active as an administrator.  Thanks for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Casper Pieters

Re: Main Menu block not in the dropdown list (2.6.1)

by Gary Lynch -

Hi Casper

Check that you have it enabled.

goto

Administration/site administration/plugins/blocks/manage blocks

it maybe that its hidden 'closed eye' just open it and it should appear in your blocks selection

HTH

regards Gary

In reply to Gary Lynch

by Casper Pieters -

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your support, but I had already checked that.
It simply is not on my dropdown list of available blocks, when I try to add a block to my front page.
I checked everywhere to see it I have ticked a box that would make  'Main Menu and some others invisible, but I have not been able to find it.

Could it be that the Genesis them excludes some blocks?

Thanks again!

Casper

Re: Main Menu block not in the dropdown list (2.9.1)

by Ajay Kumar -
Hi ,

I am using moodle 2.9 and same problem occurs .. main menu block is not displaying in drop down.   i have checked it already enabled any idea ?. 

by Torsten Händler -

enable editing mode at another page and turn back to front-page, maybe its there but not shown or maybe the settings is that it shouldn't display on this  page.

In reply to Torsten Händler

by com cen -

hi iam using moodle 3.1 with default theme and i have checked it it is active but the main menu block still disappear in drop down list ??? !!!!! 

any advice to me ????

In reply to com cen

by John Newman -

I'm on 3.3 and I still don't see the main menu on the add block list. Help please.

In reply to John Newman

Re: Main Menu block not in the dropdown list

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Again - can you first ensure it is not already on your page and perhaps hidden?