Get file timeout error for PoodLL Video recordings - SOLVED

Get file timeout error for PoodLL Video recordings - SOLVED

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Justin and everyone else,

For the past year, every time I wanted to make a video recording of more than a few seconds, I would use an offline editor. For the past few days, I have been testing all the add-ons I currently use, in my Moodle 2.9 dev site, and while testing the PoodLL filter, Repository, PoodLL Anywhere, database field, PoodLL assignment, etc., etc, I came across a problem. Short videos recorded in the repository worked just fine, but any recording more than a few seconds long would always fail the last step of being loaded into Moodle.

To make a long story short, I just discovered there is a setting that seems to have been added in Moodle 2.7 for Common Repository Settings, named Get File Timeout. The default time setting is 30 seconds, which obviously is not enough when it comes to video. I just set mine to my usual 600 and am now able to make my short video podcasts to my students like I could before.

Just another item to try to remember to check when having problems,

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (1)