General plugins

Quick Searches

Picture of Conn Warwicker
Quick Searches
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

I made these blocks a few years ago, but never got around to actually sharing them I don't think.

Quick User

This allows you to search quickly for a user in your system, without having to go through the Site Administration.

It gives you links for each found user to: login as them, message them, and view their profile (and if you have the bedford college personal learning plan system, also to view their PLP).

screenshot

Quick Course

This allows you to search quickly for courses in your system, on fullname, shortname or idnumber, without having to go through the Site Administration.

It gives you links for each found course to: view the course, edit the course, and view the list of participants.

There is an updated version for 2.6 on my machine at work, with the ability to also view the parent & child courses of the course, which I can upload if anyone wants that.

screenshot

They should work for 2.4 - 2.6. I haven't tested in anything above 2.6, but I'd imagine they work, they are quite minimal.

Download link here: https://github.com/cwarwicker/moodle-dev

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
John Provasnik at Moodle Moot US
Re: Quick Searches
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Conn -- THANK YOU!

Quick User looks like a great tool. Teacher's on my Moodle don't have the option to Search Users under the Site Admin area because I removed their ability to 'delete' student from Moodle. The ability to delete and search are linked. Therefore, I created a hidden class that has all of our users enrolled so teachers could search users through that class. So I'm excited to try out your tool. I'll be upgrading to 2.8 over the summer so fingers crossed that this will work on 2.8 as well.

Average of ratings: -