Thoughts on activity and course completion

Thoughts on activity and course completion

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this...but I'm curious and don't really see a better place.

With Moodle 2.0, we got activity and course completion.  And they rock.  My (work) life is so much simpler now (and by simpler, I mean my external reports no longer take hours to run and my core-hack student transcript that took 15 minutes per student is no longer necessary).

But here's my question...why don't we have a forum to specifically post questions about course completion and activity completion?  Okay, so activity completion could be covered by the specific activity...but course completion questions don't really fit anywhere.  Courses and course formats doesn't seem to be right place.  Maybe I'm the only one with questions/concerns?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Thoughts on activity and course completion

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Would the 'Teaching with Moodle' forum be an appropriate place?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Maybe...but it isn't really about teaching...it is about how stuff works and making sure people get credit when you're done teaching.

I kind of think it needs it's own forum in Other components.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
The point is "Moodle in English" has some 80 odd(?) forums and this has been a long standing complaint of users as well as the moderators. See one such "big" discussion: "Ideas needed: moodle.org improvements" https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=196302. Since then the administrators managed to delete a couple of forums. OK, there were some (high profile) exceptions where new forums appeared without warning. But that is a different topic.

In any case, suggestions on moodle.org itself belong to the "Moodle community sites" forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=7135.