RFID Readers for Recording Attendance

RFID Readers for Recording Attendance

by Simon Goodwin -
Number of replies: 4

Has anyone developed a solution for recording attendance at a face to face session using the attendance plugin and an RFID or magnetic strip reader?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Goodwin

Re: RFID Readers for Recording Attendance

by Caio Doneda -

Hi,

Yes, i'm developing an mobile app to acquire data from attendance module, I'll use NFC to record the presence, and then send the data to attendance again. 

This is a final examination to complete my computer science degree course and I hope to have a prototype at the end of this semester

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Caio Doneda

by Simon Goodwin -

Hi Caio,

I'd be really keen to find out more. Please send me a PM with your contact details and I'll get in touch.

Kind regards,

Simon

In reply to Caio Doneda

by Andrew Marriott -

Hi Caio

I am a lecturer at a University and have been looking for a solution to taking class attendance.

Currently, I record it manually onto the Moodle "attendance" plug-in. Our student use NFC cable student cards.

I was looking at a reader and a software interface to record attendance. A bonus would be if it could be then uploaded to the moodle plugin.

Let me know if you have a Beta version I could try out.

Regards

Andrew

In reply to Simon Goodwin

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I actually use the facetoface plugin for this...and we have added a bit of code to allow an attendance by ID feature which allows us to use a cheap usb swiper to read staff ID cards and fill in the ID or to type the ID in (for people who forget to bring their cards, whose card doesn't read properly or for teachers who don't take attendance until after the fact...staff are required to sign in to courses).