I'm looking to modify the Attendance Plugin to handle Organization-wide Holidays.
So my idea was to:
1. add new table "holiday" to database to store dates
2. modify code to update "holiday" table
3. create a new tab (after settings) for Holidays
4. add a new field (Y/n) on the Add tab to "skip Holidays"
5. modify the Add subroutine to skip Holidays if (Y)
I've found that attendance.php builds the page, but I know it's easy to make a hash of php so I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction. What Framework is best/easiest to use? Usually I just use Notepad++ and edit the code.
We're running Moodle 2.71