Evolved Theme

Evolved Theme

by Frank Erazo -
Number of replies: 8
Moodle version: 2.8

I am trying to simply change the style of a header - here is the style that exists:

.loginbox h2 {
  color:#DBDBDB;
  text-align:center;
}

I am trying to override the style using the Custom CSS option (change the font to basic black).  I do realize that I could probably access the css files on the backend, but at this time, I do not have FTP access. 

Please let me know if I'm using the Custom CSS option in the theme incorrectly.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Erazo

Re: Evolved Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, If it is not working then there may be a problem with the cache so try a Purge all cache

If that does not work then either the CSS is not the one you want, or there is something wrong with the CSS box in Evolve-D theme

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Frank Erazo -

Mary:

Thank you very much for the quick response.  I had completely forgotten to clear the cache, but it didn't do the trick. 

I'm going to contact the developer and see if it's a bug he knows about.

Thanks again!

In reply to Frank Erazo

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes it is a BUG!!!

It is casued by the way the stylesheets have been added in the theme's config.php. If you look it is written like this...

$THEME->sheets = array('custom','evolved');

which is WRONG! it should be writtne like this...

$THEME->sheets = array('evolved', 'custom');

because the 'custom.css' file adds the setting styles LAST so that it can override the theme's css.

It's not Chris's fault, as I doubt that he would be aware of it...I dont think it is documented anywhere, its just something I know from making the same mistake years ago! smile

So if you have access to the file on your server, just change it! smile

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

THANKS MARY!  

I am aware of this now and have made changes to the next version of evolve-D.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Helen O'Kelly -

Hi Chris -

We have just installed Moodle v2.8 and your April 14 2015 version of the Evolved theme. I really like the JQuery tab that you have on the home page in your demo video.

Could you share that JQuery with me? I see most of it from the video, but I'm wondering if there other parts of moodle that I must update? I tried to put in a tab example myself, but it just displayed as 'flat' HTML.

Many thanks in advance,

Helen

In reply to Helen O'Kelly

by Chris Kenniburg -

This is the code I am using:

<div class="fp-tabs">

<ul class="nav nav-tabs">

<li class="active"><a data-toggle="tab" href="#welcome">Welcome</a></li>

<li class=""><a data-toggle="tab" href="#teacher">Teacher - Getting Started</a></li>

</ul>

<div class="tab-content">

<div id="welcome" class="tab-pane fade active in">

TAB ONE CONTENT

</div>

<div id="teacher" class="tab-pane fade">

TAB TWO CONTENT

</div>

</div>

</div>

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Helen O'Kelly -

Hi Chris - 

Apologies for not replying sooner - I'm focused on many other tasks! I love this and it workssmile

thanks again,

Helen

In reply to Frank Erazo

by Chris Kenniburg -

Your image looks correct.  Be sure that you have the latest version of the evolve-D theme as I fixed the issue Mary pointed out with the style sheet ordering.  

I tested this and can verify it works on our production site which is now M2.8.