Lesson complete before continuing course

Lesson complete before continuing course

by DeWayne Demland -
Number of replies: 3

I have a lesson that must be completed before the student can continue to the next task. I have the activity completion set to "student must view this activity to complete it". The problem is that the lesson is several pages. If the student opens the first page and then goes back to the course it shows it completed and allows them to continue. How do I set conditional restrictions to force the student to complete the whole lesson before being able to continue in the coarse? My testing has been unable to accomplish this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to DeWayne Demland

Re: Lesson complete before continuing course

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

This is unfortunately not possible in current Moodle versions.

This new feature will be available in a few weeks in Moodle 2.9 see https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Activity_completion_settings#Lesson_completion_settings

But if the next activity is also a lesson you can use the prerequisite lesson feature of the lesson activity

See https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Lesson_settings#Prerequisite_lesson

Warnings

• This only works if the next activity is a lesson
  • if lesson A must be completed before lesson B can be attempted, you need to set the prerequisites in lesson B settings
  • This feature will be deprecated in the future, in Moodle 2.9 your lessons with prerequisites will continue to work but you will not be able to create new ones with prerequisites, you will need to use lesson completion settings
  • Lesson prerequisite is an old feature and has known bugs for instance backup and restore may break the prerequisites (this is one reason why I implemented the new completion conditions for Moodle 2.9
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by DeWayne Demland -

Thank you for the information. I will wait for 2.9 instead of upgrading to 2.8.

In reply to DeWayne Demland

by Ajmal Sultany -

DeWayne,

Perhaps you can insert a question page at the end which asks the students a simple question. This should mean that they have to complete the whole lesson and then answer this question before the lesson is marked as complete.

Ajmal