Enrollment Method - Add Method Doesn't Have Paypal Option

Enrollment Method - Add Method Doesn't Have Paypal Option

by joseph zabrosky -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I can't add paypal as my payment method for my course because it's not even an option in the Add Method drop down window. I've changed my role from normal user to manager to course creator and there is still no paypal option. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Second, question - if using wordpress capture page for members to make payment for course. How would i get the members from the WP payment page to moodle course without having them login. If it's possible? If they must log in to moodle is there a way to get unique username and passwords in moodle for each new member who pays for the course on the wordpress page?

Any suggestions as to the simplest most effective way to get new members paying for the course with a unique username and password? 

Thanks, joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to joseph zabrosky

Re: Enrollment Method - Add Method Doesn't Have Paypal Option

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are not seeing a Paypal option it is because it is not setup at the site level.  You need to have your Site Admin enable it and it will need to be setup - see the Paypal Enrolment documentation.

I think there might be WP plugin for sso to Moodle but I have no idea if it has a payment crossover.  There is a plugin for Joomla that includes Hikashop payment.

by Guido Hornig -
Picture of Plugin developers

As Emma already recommended: PayPal doc.

Make shure the enrolement plugin is enabled in the admin area: (link needs modification)

http://(yourdomain)/admin/settings.php?section=manageenrols

then check the settings:  (link needs modification)

http://(yourdomain)/admin/settings.php?section=enrolsettingspaypal

If you are interested in WordPress -> moodle

checkout this page for a working demo:

http://my.extremoodle.de

I recommend to sell courses via WordPress, because there are so much more options and plugins.

In reply to Guido Hornig

by joseph zabrosky -

Hi Guido,

What is the better deal - Woo Commerce or Digistore 24 to interface wordpress to moodle courses? 

I see that woo commerce costs $99 to install into Wordpress site, then the plugin to interface WPress to moodle is another $55.

What is the prices for Digistore 24?

Also, Guido, I see on your digistore demo that takes people into moodle demo your English is not correct. Thus, if you need help with that let me know and I'll make the corrections for you.

Thanks,

joseph

by Guido Hornig -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Joseph,

thanks for your offer to help my English, (if) there is some thing wrong, I need help. I am happy about any suggestions.

Woo is free, but also sells plugins and themes.

PaidMembershipPro has a free part. may be this is enough.

Digistore24 is the payment partner and takes 7% from your sales. It doese all the invoice, return etc. You are not the seller, Digistore24 is - and takes away all the hassle. Covers affiliate and joint venture. To manage the WordPress site with Digistore24, you need a digimember plugin. It's $27/ month. 

But this is going a little offtopic

In reply to Guido Hornig

by joseph zabrosky -

Hey Guido, 

Sorry for the delay. I've been taken off course for a bit.

Anyway, I've attached a document with some English corrections for your site. The pages i viewed, which weren't a lot. I'll also put them below. The corrections are bolded and underlined. It wasn't that bad, but to the English speaking it doesn't look real professional when those words are misspelled.

I'm back in and will be connecting moodle to wordpress, thus must get reeducated on it.

Peace...

joseph

Free!

For $0 - you can register as a member in a moodle course.

This is a demo.  It only proves, that it is possible to sell moodle via woo commerce.

Product Description

For $0.- you can register as a member in a moodle course.

This is a demo.  It only proves, that it is possible to sell moodle via woo commerce.

A number of things will happen, if you buy this free course:

1. You get a free account at the moodle site extremoodle.de
  2. You get a free account at the WordPress site in Woo Commerce
  3. You will be enrolled in a free demo course
  4. You get access to the free moodle demo course via your Woo account page

Compared to moodle PayPal – what is the difference?

Scenario 000: There is a much simpler approach: use the PayPal enrollment plugin. Is really an option – but not for every moodle project. If you “moodle on a shoestring” its some times the only possibility – but if you earn money with the... read more

.et_pb_post

Offer your courses on several WordPress sites

Scenario 002   “Sell somewhere else” You are the content provider and you have the courses. You can offer your courses to partner sites. They do the marketing and the selling. You have a contract with the distribution partner. Here is how it works: Step 1... read more

.et_pb_post

The 3 steps to your moodle payment gateway

Simple Scenario 001 There are many possible scenarios to connect WordPress and moodle. The demo course on this website is the simplest one. The requirements are: WordPress 3.9 or higher, best is always the actual version and moodle 2.7 or higher.  And you need to... read more