News forum posts not sending to some students

News forum posts not sending to some students

by Carol Griffiths -
Number of replies: 3
Recently upgraded to 2.8 and some students are not receiving emails from the News Forum. They were recently uploaded students, with the same preferences as all the other students, but for some reason not receiving emails. They are enrolled on the course, so I can't think why they're not being sent. Can anyone help with this?

Edit: I can also see that the students who aren't receiving the email are subscribed to the forum.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carol Griffiths

Re: News forum posts not sending to some students

by Carol Griffiths -

I've narrowed this down to the upload process or the enrolment process (manual) because there were two user uploads done and this only happens for the students on one of the uploads. Can't find a setting that could affect this though. If anyone has any ideas...?

In reply to Carol Griffiths

by Toni Roberts -

I'm having the same problem. One student (and perhaps there are others who don't know) isn't getting a message from the News forum. We are using version 2.9. All students are uploaded/registered in the same way and the subscription is forced. Did you find a solution Carol? I'm scratching my head on this one.

Thanks for any advise!

Toni

In reply to Toni Roberts

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Are you on shared hosting?

and/ or

Is there any common information between the users who are not receiving posts? Eg. Email domain name?