Can I assign negative marking to all MCQ questions together

Can I assign negative marking to all MCQ questions together

by Declan Maher -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, 

Scenario: I have set  up a quiz with imported MCQ questions.

I wish to apply negative marking to all of the questions.

Each question has four options, i.e the questions are standardized to be marked as Correct Answer = 1; Incorrect = -0.333

Is there any means to assign these settings to all of the questions simultaneously rather than having to manually assign to each question individually?

Moodle Version: 2.6

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Declan Maher

Re: Can I assign negative marking to all MCQ questions together

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I wouldn't think because how would Moodle know which is the correct answer?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Declan Maher -

Thank you Emma -  I should have been clearer - the questions being imported will always have answer A as the correct answer.  They were created in Word by myself using v21 and then exported as Moodle  xml files.  To the best of my knowledge, v21 does not offer a negative marking option when creating questions.  My wish would be to import from v21, assign negative marking to all imported questions collectively, hold in question bank, and shuffle question options  only when including  in quizzes  (via quiz settings).

In reply to Declan Maher

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle does not use numbering for answers though as far as I know.  This is so that the shuffle answers can work. 

However, you can assign the scores on the xml document, I believe.