Changing Latest Due Dates

Changing Latest Due Dates

by Greg Dietrich -
Number of replies: 2

I've got a client that I'm moving from a different LMS to Moodle. They are used to using 11:59pm as the cut off time for due items. It appears that 11:55pm is the default for Moodle. Is there anywhere that this can be changed and updated? It would save them from rewriting a lot of their syllabi and manuals.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Dietrich

Re: Changing Latest Due Dates

by Itamar Tzadok -

The form datetime selector defaults hardcodedly to 5 minute steps. If you need to change that default throughout the Moodle forms, you need to hack around line 83 in /lib/form/datetimeselector.php

$this->_options = array('startyear' => $calendartype->get_min_year(), 'stopyear' => $calendartype->get_max_year(), 'defaulttime' => 0, 'timezone' => 99, 'step' => 5, 'optional' => false);

and change the 'step' value to 1.

hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Greg Dietrich

Re: Changing Latest Due Dates

by Itamar Tzadok -

By the way, times are typically floored to the minute. So if you set 11:59 pm, it is effectively 11:59:00 pm and 11:59:01 or later is past due. Participants are likely to percieve submission by 11:59 pm as submission by 11:59:59 pm and may be surprised to see that their submission just before midnight is late. I don't know if and which activity modules account for that. It may be worthwhile testing. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)