Styling the filepicker in css

Styling the filepicker in css

by Simon Hanmer -
Number of replies: 3

We're using the Evolve-D theme and having some success in styling it. However, I'm having an issue with the filepicker.

We've increased the height of the navbar and now the filepicker disappears behind this as shown below:

Hidden filepicker

I've tried adding custom css using a few different classes and identifiers such as .filepicker but can't seem to get this working - any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Hanmer

Re: Styling the filepicker in css

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's not the filepicker you need to style, but the page itself, at least add some padding to the body of the page to allow for the deeper top menubar.

Currently body CSS style includes padding-top: 60px; so you need to make it...

body { padding-top: 150px; } 

or even more if needed.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Simon Hanmer -

Mary,

thanks for the suggestion - tried that and unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue.

It did prompt me to think about the issue a bit more which was that the picker was hidden behind the menubar which on checking, had a z-index of 4030!

I dropped that down to 2 which since the filepicker has a z-index of 3 meant that everything now seems to work as hoped.

In reply to Simon Hanmer

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Someone else reported this earlier and I do believe a fix is in the latest version.  There was an issue where the top navigation was positioned above the popups for not just files but also activity chooser too.