Poodll recording question: Can't find the students answer-audios

Poodll recording question: Can't find the students answer-audios

by Oliver Bay -
Number of replies: 11

HI!

How can I find the students recorded answers?

When I login as a student, it is possible to record my answer. It shows me that it is uploaded correctly.

When I then login as the teacher (or even administrator) I cant't see/find the recorded answers.

The response history shows me that there is a file uploaded, e.g. "Saved: upfile_1560213863.mp3". But where is it?

TIA

Oliver

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oliver Bay

Re: Poodll recording question: Can't find the students answer-audios

by Oliver Bay -

Addition: I am using a standard iMac, so I am not talking about mobile decvices.

Oliver

In reply to Oliver Bay

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It should be available when you view the students attempt. As in the screenshot.

Attachment PoodLL_Recording_Question_Type__QUIZ.jpg
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Oliver Bay -

Thank you Justin for your reply.

I checked the responses again. It looks like on your screen: cf. Screenshot 1.

But when I click on "Review attempt" or when I even click the file name there is no way to listen to the file. It looks like Screenshot 2.

I guess there should be a kind of audio player in the blue area. Do you have any idea why there is nothing?

My Moodle is: Moodle 2.6.10 (Build: 20150310)Version 2013111810

Browser: Firefox 37.0.1 or Safari 8.05. It works with neither of these nor with Opera.

Cheers

Oliver

Attachment Screenshot 1.png
Attachment Screenshot 2.png
In reply to Oliver Bay

by Justin Hunt -

yes there should be an audio player there.

It looks like you are on mac, but your students submitted with mobile devices. I see the filetype is .mov so it was likely an upload from an iphone or ipad. PoodLL can auto convert those to mp3 if set up to do so.

But if its not set up to do so, you will need to have some filter enabled that can handle .mov files. I suspect that is the problem here. Whatever filter is active for that file extension can't display the player. Check the filters that are active , probably either or both of Multimedia Plugins and PoodLL filters. Make sure the active one is handling .mov, and deactivate .mov handling for any other filters.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Oliver Bay -

Greetings from Nagoya and thank you for the reply.

Mmh ... things are getting better, but still not perfekt.

I changed the filter settings along your advice.

Thanks to the download possibility now I can listen to the user's files with an external Quicktime player. (Player 1)

Unfortunately the users themselves cannot listen to their recordings (iPhone, Mac). The audio is loading, but without an end. (Player 2).

May filter settings are shown in the screenshots Filter 1 and Filter 2. (See next entry please.)

Cheers

Oliver

Attachment Player 1.jpg
Attachment Player 2.jpg
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Oliver Bay -

Here are the filter settings.

Attachment Filter 1.png
Attachment Filter 2.jpg
In reply to Oliver Bay

by Justin Hunt -

Hi from Nagasaki.

Hmm. You should not have to download the files to listen to them, and students should be able to hear their recordings. ..

I won't be able to test it myself for a while. If you have access to the server, then the best thing to do is to install FFMPEG and configure PoodLL to use it. So it will convert the files to .mp3

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Oliver Bay -

Justin, thanks for your advice.

The problem ist not the concersion to mp3. As you can see in the screenshot, it is already converted to mp3. The problem must come from a different place. At the moment I am quite lost.

Cheers

Oliver

In reply to Oliver Bay

by Justin Hunt -

Indeed. the 2nd screenshot does show an mp3 player. One thing you should do, is change the default player to flowplayer. Currently you have that set to PoodLL. This will probably fix up the issue with mp3 not playing for you.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Oliver Bay -

Justin, I didn't give up yet. Still there is some hope. thoughtful

As a user I can record my audio, listen to it and then save it (Poodll 1.jpg). So far so good.

Next I can see the page on Poodll 2.jpg. But here nothing happens when I try as a user to play my submission.

For a short time, before the player appears I get the message in the player:

"200, Stream not found, null, clip: '[Clip] 'http://onlinecampusdeutsch.mmc-ob.de/pluginfile.php/267/mod_assignment/submission/2/upfile_50789773.mp3''

Do you have any idea?

Cheers from Nagoya

Oliver

Attachment Poodll 1.jpg
Attachment Poodll 2.jpg
In reply to Oliver Bay

by Justin Hunt -

This probably means that the recording is not being uploaded correctly. In that case there should be an error in either the apache logs, or in the browser console. That would be good to see.

How about these questions:

i) Do very short recordings of just a few seconds work?

ii) If you turn on "show download button beside player" in the PoodLL filter settings, can you download the audio submission?

iii) If you can download it, how big is it? Does it play on your desktop?

iv) if there is a file but it doesn't play, can you post the file as an attachment here.