Help with the More Theme

Help with the More Theme

by Brad MacDonald -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, I have recently installed Moodle 2.8.5 and I'm having an issue with the "More" theme.  I cannot get the settings page for the theme to resolve, and I receive a message saying the file is missing or permissions are incorrect.  I have confirmed the theme folder is in place and permissions have been updated for the "Network Service", "IUSR", and "Users".  I have not had any other trouble with any aspect of Moodle.  I have replaced the theme folder in case a file was corrupted, I have installed the MoreCandy theme and verified that it works correctly, as does the "Clean" theme, and I have reinstalled the setup.  I have no other ideas and I really need to customize the More theme asap.  Any advice would be very appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brad MacDonald

Re: Help with the More Theme

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am presuming you are using the admin user to do this?  If not, does your user have permission to edit themes?

How is the ownership set on the folder?  Is it owned by the IIS or Apache user?  Compare it with another theme folder that is working and make sure that the permissions and ownership are applied recursively.

Try clearing your caches - perhaps there is a cached version that is giving you problems.