Display Quiz results by section in merged course

Display Quiz results by section in merged course

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 6
Greetings - we are currently in Moodle 2.7.1. We created a new Moodle course where we used meta link to add in eight sections of Physics labs. In the new course we created the final exam for the labs and administered the final to all 109 students. The results are in. I have tried to find a way that I can separated the students and the quiz by their lab section (one of the eight meta linked sections) and I have not been successful. I know that if I create a group for each section and add the students I can separate them by the groups, but it seems that there should be a way to separate the uploaded linked sections. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sincerely, Nancy K.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Display Quiz results by section in merged course

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The natural solution to this would be to use groups.

And, one would have though that Moodle could automatically create groups in the meta-course according to which child course the user came from, but that does not seem to exist. There is a very old tracker issue MDL-8040. I am suprised how few votes that has so far (hint, hint smile).

According to Mary Cooch (who just told me about this) there might be a patch floating around in the French Moodle community that does this. Hopefully she will post here if she can find it.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I shall.. although don't hold your breath, as  I'm starting to wonder now if it wasn't a patch relating to creating groups in courses via LDAP since I've not yet located it... but if I do. I'll be back wink

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re:(metacourse groups) Display Quiz results by section in merged course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

(Replying to myself) -does this do the job? https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=local_metagroups

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Nancy K Hoke -

Thank you so much - very helpful.  We will be testing this plug-in. We have a number of courses with multiple sections that we asked to merge - and this feature would be very helpful to the faculty.  Thank you again.

Sincerely, Nancy K.