Course Completion Criteria display 2.5 & 2.8

Course Completion Criteria display 2.5 & 2.8

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I've noticed in 2.5 that if I enable a required grade on course completion that it shows up in the course completion status block as a percent.  If my course is worth 500 points and they must get 425 points to be marked completed, the course completion status says they have to have 425%.  This is really silly.  It is apparent the number is supposed to be points but it displays as percent. 

I'm getting ready to upgrade to 2.8 and have a test site.  I was hopeful that it would be fixed.  But it isn't.  A while back I spent considerable time digging through the language packs and found nothing. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to convince it to not display the %?  

Have there been any discussions about changing that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Course Completion Criteria display 2.5 & 2.8

by Melanie Scott -

Really?  No one else has an issue with this?  A course requiring 2000% is okay?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is it only on the completion report that it does this?  Is it ok in the gradebook?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Melanie Scott -

The gradebook is fine, this only shows up in the course completion stuff.

by Sebastian Wz -

Hi Melanie,

you're not the only one having trouble with this.. there's another thread about the same issue, which is still there in 2.9.2.

I think this tracker item is the one you might vote for/follow. I haven't seen any reference to a fix in 3.0.

regards, seb