Does review mode work? (In Moodle 2.8)

Re: Does review mode work? (In Moodle 2.8)

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Nadav, 

I don't personally have any packages that do this - I know that this is tested in the SCORM ADL 1.2 compliance tests which Moodle passed last time I checked them (which was a while ago) and that it's completely up to the SCORM package itself what to do when Moodle passes the review mode flag. Some SCORM packages will allow a new score to be written and others will just show a read-only view of the SCORM package and exclude the users prior responses. Review mode is basically just a "flag" that Moodle passes to the SCORM package to signify that a previous attempt was completed and the user has not elected to generate a new attempt.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your detailed response. It confirmed my understanding while examining the code. but I was a little unsure after reading through some of the closed and open issues in the Tracker that were related to mode review.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

BTW, Storyline (v2) display a notice after I re-enter a previous finished or unfinished attempt (Moodle display a "review mode" when the attempt was "completed") and ask me if "I want to continue that last attempt", which can act like a "review mode" but if I say NO it reset that attempt and I can never "review" or "continue were I left" anymore.

Not sure if this is Storyline's way of displaying "review mode". 

In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Nadav Kavalerchik -

FYI: A link to a discussion ("Storyline review mode not being evaluated properly") I am having with Articulate's support team, about this issue in Storyline 2.

In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
After discussion with Jastin from Articulate, which showed me that the Storyline 2 publishes SCORM 1.2 packages that support REVIEW mode with out any issues. I can sum up this discussion with the conclusion that Moodle 2.8 together with Storyline 2 have no bugs related to the review mode.