Assignments: Submission Comments vs. Feedback Comments

Assignments: Submission Comments vs. Feedback Comments

by Peter Eckstein -
Number of replies: 4

I'm a little confused by something - the difference between submission comments and feedback comments. Feedback would be what I as teacher would send to the students. What is the purpose of submission comments?  Would I, as a teacher use them, or are they just for the student to provide information?

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Eckstein

Re: Assignments: Submission Comments vs. Feedback Comments

by Mike Verna -

It is my understanding that the feedback comments are those that are added when one is grading the papers.

Submission comments are those written on the paper when the instructor returns the paper to the students through Moodle.

Notes is used for students to add information if they so wish to the submission.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Verna

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I understand feedback comments to be the official feedback given by the teacher along with a grade. Submission comments are less formal  - a student can use a comment to send a quick message to their teacher as they submit their assignment "Hope you like it sir!" and a teacher can reply to the comment "very nice Joe" - along with the formal feedback comments (if they wish)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Verna

by Peter Eckstein -

Thanks!  That helped clarify things!