Game (crossword) not showing as an option to track in the progress bar

Re: Game (crossword) not showing as an option to track in the progress bar

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andy and Wes,

If you guys really want this, I can give you a copy of the changes I made the other day when testing if it was available in answer to Wes' original question. You need to just be aware that without modifying the game addon to add other events, the only thing you can track the progress of is if they view the game. That means that someone who just clicks on the game, then exits will get complete marked just as the person who actually goes and plays the game.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Wes Sykes -

Hi Al

I'd love to see what you have done.  I did have a pop at it and as you said could only monitor that the game link was clicked.

Thanks for the contribution to my post smile

Regards

Wes

In reply to Wes Sykes

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Wes,

If you got to the point that you were able to monitor that the game link was clicked, then you got as far as I did. To get Progress Bar to be able to track anything else about Game activities, the Game add-on itself would have to be modified and have more events added. I just don't have time to try and do that myself right now.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Wes Sykes -

OK Thanks Al

If I get any further I'll pass the code on smile

Regards

Wes