Auto-linking with Books not working

Auto-linking with Books not working

per Dale Siggerfjell -
Nombre de respostes: 7
v.2.8.3

I have created a Glossary in a course, and have a book in the same course, and topic. I've enabled and set the following to allow auto-linking with a few default entries:

• Main Glossary, Simple Type
  • Auto link glossary entries: Yes
  • Book Filter -- Glossary auto-linking: On
  • Site Filter - Forced auto-linking
  • Purged all cache on server and browser
  • Default Theme - More

The auto-linking does not show up in the text in the book. I've looked all around for suggestions and I'm kind of at a loss.

Any help or suggestions?

Mitjana de qualificacions: -
En resposta a Dale Siggerfjell

Re: Auto-linking with Books not working

per Kevin Wiliarty -

Even with those settings in place, I think you still need to tick a box on each entry that you would like it to be auto-linked. On the editing screen for a given entry look for the checkbox labelled: "This entry should be automatically linked."

checkbox screenshot

En resposta a Kevin Wiliarty

per Dale Siggerfjell -

Thanks for the reply, Kevin. I have actually done that for all the entires that I put into the glossary, but still has no effect. Trist

per Kevin Wiliarty -

I guess that would have been too easy. Somrient

For what it's worth, I have tested this in Moodle 2.8.5 (not having a 2.8.3 handy) and found that autolinking worked correctly in a book using both Clean and More. Have you tried different browsers? Does autolinking work in your course for other kinds of content such as pages and labels?

En resposta a Kevin Wiliarty

per Dale Siggerfjell -
Thanks again for your reply. I have tried on 3 browers on 2 different OS and cleared site and browser caches.

Autolinking to resources only seems to work in the News Forum for the course, and not in Pages. I feel also like in Assignments making reference to other activities or resources has autolinking working. 

per Mary Cooch -
Imatge Documentation writers Imatge Moodle HQ Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Testers Imatge Translators
Is it not working with pre-existing words or does it not work with any new words that you add as well? I sometimes find that I need to add new words or simply go back in and do a minor edit of previous words/terms to "kickstart" the auto-linking. Just a thought. And presumably  you have tried with Clean theme (ie standard theme)?
En resposta a Mary Cooch

per Dale Siggerfjell -
So I think I figured it out thanks to your help - I tried the kickstarting method that you said and nothing was happening. I could get the autolinks into assignments but nothing else.

Then I realized that the glossary and the topic was hidden, and as soon as I made it visible the autolinking feature was enabled.

Thanks so much for your patience and assistance!