Redirecting wiki pages

Redirecting wiki pages

by JF Dragon -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

I whant to make a redirection within two pages in the wiki module. Is it possible to do so like we do in other wikis (ex.: in MediaWiki)?

Thanks

JF

Average of ratings: -
In reply to JF Dragon

Re: Redirecting wiki pages

by JF Dragon -

Just some example of what I try to get:

>

In MediaWiki a redirection look like this:

#REDIRECT pagename

In PmWIki it's like that:

(:redirect PageName: )

Any idea if it's possible in Moodle? I try to find documentation on NWiki (the wiki module of Moodle if I'm not wrong), but I don't find a lot of information.

In reply to JF Dragon

by Paula Clough -

JF,

I'm being a little dense here as I haven't worked with other Wiki sites in a long time. Are you talking about making a link on the Wiki pages that will take students to another page or making the link in the page list on the Wiki first page and the map go to different pages?

In reply to JF Dragon

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't think Moodle Wiki has that feature.

You might have to create a text hyperlink manually.

In reply to JF Dragon

by JF Dragon -

Thanks William and Paula for your answers. First I'm on Moodle 2.7.

What I want to do is making an automatic redirection from a wiki page to an other in the same wiki.

My problem is that the wiki have been create many months ago and the name of the first page have been change to "Wiki". The result, is I have an hyperlink in the navigation menu that open a new page to create naming "First page name". You can look at the info on the Moodle doc on this problem or take a look at the MDL-6488 for the impossibility to rename the first page name in the parameter.

That's why I was looking for the famous "redirect" fonction normaly possible within other wikis. I already know that the wiki module in Moodle was limited, but I expect be abble to do something simple like that.

I found a little fix for now, but it's not as elegant as a redirect fonction. I just put the same content on the two pages ("wiki" page name as first page in the parameters and "First page name") and ask the teacher to make the eventual changes in both pages.

If you have an other ideas, I'll be please to hear it from you...