Can I do that in Moodle

Can I do that in Moodle

by Πάρης Καραγιαννόπουλος -
Number of replies: 0
Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I am a moodle newbie!

My team has to make an educational image processing application, our first thought was to develop it using java and make a standalone app but our professor suggested to use moodle for the project, so we are now thinking if our idea is applicable in moodle.

Is there a way to use canvas and javascript to create a module/plugin (???) to provide image manipulation for the students of a course?

Let me describe the specifications and tell me if it is possible.

Each student will have some storage to upload images, maybe as blob in the database. The images should be private for the student but he will have the option to make an image "Public" so his classmates can view it.

There will be some tutorials about image processing and some tests that the students could take and the results will be stored and maybe published to the whole class.

And lastly there will be the application where the student could test the image processing techniques learned on the course. I know that the application is possible to be created as an html and several js files, maybe using angularjs or bootstrap for the ui but I need to know if the integration in moodle is possible and somewhat easy. Will it be possible to load the student images to the application from the database? Will it be possible to save the manipulated images back to the database or download it? Will it be possible to upload an image to the application, manipulate it and then store it to the database?

Those are some programming issues that I don't know if they are possible to implement since I don't know anything about moodle development yet and I need to know if they are possible and/or complex because there is not much time and the project is due on June. If there is a steep learning curve I am not sure is we have the time to implement it, if it is possible at all.

If it is, how should we do it? As a module? As a plugin? Is there any other way?

Please provide me with some information, thanks in advance!
Average of ratings: -