Course Format Issues

Course Format Issues

Napisane przez: Gina Polley ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 8

My Moodle course is in a Collapsed Topics format, which has been working well for a term, however suddenly today everything in the course has been jumbled and all the blocks are now down at the very bottom of the page and all the topics that I haven't yet put work into have lost their topic bar and are just sitting as text to the left of the page?

I am also an administrator of Moodle and have had this issue for other teachers courses before.  In the past I've backed up and restored the course to get it to come right again.  Just wondering if anyone would know why this happens or a better way of fixing it?

We recently updated to Moodle 2.8 from 2.6 which has been a bit interesting but not quite catastrophic.  I don't like the ATTO text editor and want TinyMCE back!  

Thanks for any advice...

Gina

W odpowiedzi na Gina Polley

Re: Course Format Issues

It seems that the backup and restore trick I usually do hasn't worked either this time?  Starting to get desperate for help as I need this course up and running for students once school is back...!

Napisane przez: Rick Jerz ()
Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Testers
I have not experienced this. However, I am wondering if you have the correct version of Collapsed Topics for your Moodle? 

At this point in time, I too do not care for ATTO.  (As already suggested) I made my default editor be TinyMCE.  Students can still pick ATTO, which I have found can be better from small screen devices.

Napisane przez: ben reynolds ()

In the old days of hand coding, I would say that a table is broken, and that's why all that stuff is sitting off to the left.

Try viewing in IE, which doesn't like the Word mso garbage and may show you where it is. Often, IE just shows the mso as text.

Obviously, this would be in the original version of the course before you back it up.

Napisane przez: Howard Miller ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Peer reviewers Obraz Plugin developers

Moving to Course Formats forum.

W odpowiedzi na Howard Miller

Napisane przez: Mary Cooch ()
Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Moodle HQ Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Testers Obraz Translators

Gina - has anyone copied and pasted anything from Word onto the course? This sometimes causes corruption of the page. If your right-click and choose "view page source" can you see anywhere that has lots of mso all over?

W odpowiedzi na Mary Cooch

Napisane przez: Richard Oelmann ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers

As Mary suggests this sounds exactly like the symptoms of copying content directly from Word with all its poluted styles.

Find and remove that content and you should find your page returns to normal (re-add it via a plain text editor and then use apply the styles directly)

W odpowiedzi na Richard Oelmann

Napisane przez: Richard Oelmann ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers

PS You can get TinyMCE back by selecting it as the default editor (move it to the top of the list)

http://yourmoodlesite/admin/settings.php?section=manageeditors

or by selecting preference for individual users in their user profile if some prefer the newer Atto and others want the power/flexibility of TinyMCE back

W odpowiedzi na Richard Oelmann

Thanks everyone - I did manage to solve the issue.  Some text in the last section seemed to be corrupted so I copied it, deleted it and then reentered it and it seemed to right everything uśmiech.

As for the TinyMCE editor when I select it as the default editor I end up with blank screens?  It may be something to do with the way our Moodle is hosted as it's managed from outside and I don't have anything to do with that side of things...I can see Atto would be easier for mobile devices, although we're not there yet.

Appreciate the support everyone.