quiz questions not appearing on preview or actual test

quiz questions not appearing on preview or actual test

by Alisa Wood -
Number of replies: 4

I am a course creator on moodle.fbci.org, and don't see where it says the version of moodle on the website.
I need help figuring out why certain questions on a written test are not showing up on the preview version of the test. I wrote multiple choice questions for questions # 11, 12, 13 and 14, but when I go to preview the test, questions 11, 12 and 13 are not showing up and question 14 is combining with 10. This is not the first time this formatting error has happened. Last semester one test in a different course skipped questions that were on the test and I had to completely re-do the test.

Is there an easy way to fix this problem without having to re-do the entire test?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alisa Wood

Re: quiz questions not appearing on preview or actual test

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you add the questions to the quiz?  If a question is combining with another, I am presuming that you mean they are on the same page - go to your Edit Quiz page and you should see the layout of the questions there.  

The Moodle version is found under Administration Settings/Notifications.

Post your Edit Quiz page screenshot and your preview test screenshot.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Your Moodle, according to the URL you posted, is at the latest Moodle 1.9 and it might be earlier. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Alisa Wood -

Did you add the questions to the quiz? I did! And the question 10 and 14 are combined meaning question 14 follows 10 immediately and there are only multiple choice options that go along with 14.

Attachment created questions2.jpg
Attachment missing questions (800x426) (640x341).jpg
In reply to Alisa Wood

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In addition to what others have said, bad things can happen if you try to copy and paste from MS Word into Moodle's editor.

Word generates really horrible HTML invalid, which then breaks the display in Moodle. (Ironically, it more often breaks display in Internet explorer than in Firefox or Chrome.)

To diagnose this:

1. Try viewing the quiz using a different web browser.
  2. In Moodle's editor, click the view source icon (<> in recent versions, Can't remember what it looked like in Moodle 1.9) and see if what is there looks like sensible HTML or a mess.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)