New Feature; Advanced Grading Methods - Print

New Feature; Advanced Grading Methods - Print

by Phil Savage -
Number of replies: 3

There is currently no easy way to print feedback from advanced grading methods i.e. rubrics.

A print feature should be added to advanced grading methods that should either print the feedback or convert the feedback into a format that can easily be printed.

Thank you.

Phil Savage

In reply to Phil Savage

Re: New Feature; Advanced Grading Methods - Print

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just linking to your tracker issue so people can comment/contribute on there too: MDL-49774 and moving to the Gradebook forum

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a report plugin that may help this issue

https://moodle.org/plugins/view/report_componentgrades

It exports to the Excel gradebook format, but it appears to include comments so you could then use all the power of Excel formatting to print that information out.

The reason I know about it is because I had a request for a similar feature for my BTEC grading plugin which is built on the advanced grading methods API.  The plugin is built in quite a modular way so it should make adding a new grading method easier.

The advanced grading methods also need a standard way of exporting to XML so they can be saved from year to year or made available to other people who don't have a backup of the course. I think that such a tool could be built on the report API as well.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Phil Savage -

Thank you for the suggestion, is there a similar plugin for the Checklist grading method?