Upgradesettings.php loop

Upgradesettings.php loop

by Andrew Senior -
Number of replies: 7

I am trying to perform an upgrade from 2.5 to 2.8 but I have become stuck in a loop whereby whatever I select and then click Save Changes I'm unable to get passed the screen below:

upgradesettings.php screenshot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Senior

Re: Upgradesettings.php loop

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you tried purging all caches?  If that doesn't help, you might try turning debugging on (you can do this in your config.php file) and see if that gives you some information.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Andrew Senior -

Yes, I've tried purging all caches but that doesn't seem to help, I get the below:

All caches were purged.

Error output, so disabling automatic redirect.

I've also turned debugging on but no additional information is displayed. 

I have now found  if I close this page I can then log in to my upgraded version of Moodle however as soon as I click on 'Notifications' I get stuck at the same page.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Check that your debugging is set to output to window and not a file.  It is telling you that there is an error - we just need to find out what it is and where it is! 
You might try looking on your plugins overview page and see if something there is showing an error.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Shawn Peters -
Did you ever figure out this issue? Were having the same issue, but it's after install a new plugin/Mod.

What can I do ti fix it.  Debug isn't showing any errors.
In reply to Shawn Peters

by Shawn Peters -

I managed to get this working.  Did a couple things so not 100% sure which one did the trick but....

Were running Moodle in Windows IIS, with MySQL.

- Ran PHP command   with  ./admin/cli/purge_cache.php

- Re applied permission inheritance on the 'moodledata' folder.  We transferred to a new server so this may not have applied properly.

I'm pretty sure it was the 'purge_cache.php' command.

Hopefully this can help someone else along the way too.

-Shawn

by Mustafa A. -

I have exactly the same problem here with Moodle 3.0.3 on IIS.

"as soon as I click on 'Notifications' I get stuck at the same page."

In reply to Mustafa A.

by Carl Boyd -

Did anyone resolve this? I have the same issue! Stuck at the upgradesettings.php page. Any settings I apply throughout the site write to the config log tables etc but the changes don't happen on the site.

Any ideas?