Wiki

Unlinking Glossary terms in a Wiki.

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Adam Burton
Unlinking Glossary terms in a Wiki.

Hello,
I am a student on a new Moodle site called ZSchool. I am trying to help out with a few problems there by testing things out using the Sandbox Demo.

The latest problem is this:
A member of faculty has a Glossary for his course. I think that it has been set up as a Global Glossary. Terms that match his Glossary entries are highlighted throughout the site, in forums, wikis, blogs, which, in my view is distracting.
We are trying to decide whether to switch off the Global aspect of the glossary or to switch off Glossary links in individual activities - as instructed here in the documentation.

Using the Sandbox Demo I created a wiki.
I followed the instructions given in the Glossary documentation but, in the Wiki Settings, I cannot find the Glossary auto-linking filter that is mentioned in the documentation. So I cannot switch it to off.
This option does not appear in Forum Settings either (I am logged in as Admin on the Sandbox Demo).

It is probable that I am doing something wrong.

Any advice or assistance would be gratefully received.

Bye,
Adam.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Unlinking Glossary terms in a Wiki.
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

If you dont see the glossary autolinking filter in the wiki on the sandbox then it is probably because it is disabled  - see Site administration>Plugins>Filters  - see Filters

Picture of Adam Burton
Re: Unlinking Glossary terms in a Wiki.

Hello Mary,

excellent, thank you so much.

In the Sandbox this is disabled by default.

I will let the people at ZSchool know.

Regards,

Adam.