Essential "Undefined variable" error

Re: Essential "Undefined variable" error

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the report.  I tried to replicate and could not.  I assume that you have 'Google web fonts' selected for 'fontselect' on the Font setting page?  Have you entered in names for the 'fontnameheading' and 'fontnamebody' settings?  If not, that then would explain the first two messages.  But not the third!  So, you've not changed 'pagesettings.php' at all?  And you've installed the theme correctly and saved settings?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Scott Karren -

Gareth,

Google web fonts is indeed selected, but I left the fontnameheading and fontnamebody as their defaults "Verdana".  The fontcharacterset currently has nothing selected.  Yes I installed the theme a couple of weeks ago and have changed many settings, oddly enough not the font page though (that I recall, I may have clicked the font selector accidentally during the upgrade process).  I am assuming that the Verdana font is not available on Google fonts, hence the errors.  Strange how this error just appeared yesterday and not before.

HTH

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for replying Scott,

Humm, odd!  Even if the name of the font was not on Google then that error would not occur.  I'm now thinking that there is one layout file that includes the fonts but not the pagesettings.

Umm, when you say, yesterday, please could you look through the date / time stamps of the files in the theme and see if any of them have been altered without you knowing.  Possibly even the directory date / time in case of a file removal.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Scott Karren -

Gareth,

I looked at all the files in the essential directory.  None of them have a timestamp that is out of place or unusually different from the rest. 

I am thinking it must be a very specific set of circumstances needed to replicate the errors.  I had over 100 users on my site yesterday and those errors did not come up. I went back to the timestamp for those errors to see if I could replicate it and I am not able to right now. I will keep looking and let you know if they pop up again and what exactly I was doing when it happened.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Gareth J Barnard -

Thanks for getting back to me Scott.