Moodle VR

Moodle VR

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you seen the rather exciting new project MoodleVR, fully emersive Virtual Reality combined with the Goodness of Moodle, this is a winner.

https://moodle.org/news/

I was listening to a podcast on my way to work this morning about VR thinking it would be excellent to combine it with VLE technology and then I get to work to find that today of all days it is a "real" project.

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Moodle VR

by Just H -
In reply to Just H

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Indeed, today of all days.....

In reply to Marcus Green

by dawn alderson -

I get the joke.  I didn't twig...even with the Google-box til afterwards.....embarrassed to say...and I am not going to ask if there is an ounce of truth in all this....because I will show myself up even further....I mean-there isn't is there-any truth across this thread....bit unsure, of course...but moving on now....for the best I think.....wide eyes

D

In reply to dawn alderson

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Even though it was a joke, its actually quite a good idea.  It reminded me of Project Looking Glass: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Looking_Glass .

And it might be possible with a bit of work to override the course list renderer to present a 3D carousel of the courses and their descriptions.  Or possibly do the same in a course format where the 'one section per page' layout was 3D.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Because I didn't scroll half a screen downwards, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. For more than a moment, I thought, "Whoa, what do we have here?!". Alas, it is but a joke. Nice one.