(Apple and Open source) split from Re: MultiTenant Feature

(Apple and Open source) split from Re: MultiTenant Feature

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Since when Apple supports Free and Open Source Software?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Apple and Open source

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

For years:

Mac OS X is build on top of BSD, and they have contributed a lot back to that project.

Chrome is built on Webkit, and they have contributed a lot back to that project.

And that is just two examples.

(Edited by Mary Cooch - to change title -original submission Tuesday, 31 March 2015, 7:06 AM)

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: MultiTenant Feature

Debunking the Mac OS X Myths" is a must

OK, I am not a video expert. What is this iTunes thing? Is it a program or a service? What are the video codecs used: open? closed? In short, can I view the videos in my Debian laptop?

Apple and Open source

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

"What is this iTunes thing?"

I think you need to get out the house a little more Visvanath. You can also get that podcast from

https://soundcloud.com/hrdnz/the-free-moodle-podcast-march-2015

But be aware that it is in MP3 format which may be under patent restriction depending on where you live.

(Edited by Mary Cooch -to change title - original submission Tuesday, 31 March 2015, 10:19 AM)

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Apple and Open source

Hi Marcus

I know, I could have done some searching on the web about iTunes. But I am amazed how you came to this soundcloud from iTunes in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=311015#p1244744 !

P.S. The link in your post is brocken. It should be https://soundcloud.com/hrdnz/the-free-moodle-podcast-march-2015.

P.P.S. Hi Howard, nice to meet you! ;)

Re: Apple and Open source

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I know you could have done some searching on the web, I was surprised you were not more familiar with iTunes from general life experience/an interest in licencing etc. I found the soundcloud link via DuckDuckGo, thanks for putting up the proper lihnk.

I have just listened to the Podcast, informative on the specific topic and a well put together podcast . I find many podcasts, even technical ones include far too much attempts at Zoo radio/banter when I really want them to get to the material. I don't mind a bit of "personality" but for me it needs to be a very distance second to the main topic.