Hello. My moodle course site became very slow after upgraded from 2.5 to 2.8.5 version. Now what should I do? Is it ok to change it by 2.7.7?
Garamkhand, you will not be able to downgrade from 2.8 to 2.7, but if you still have backup of 2.5, then you can upgrade to 2.7
I see Usman Asar. I have the backup of previous version. But I am not sure that 2.7 will work faster. Thank you for the respond.
When you say 'Very slow', can you be more precise?
- Is it all pages, or just some pages?
- What was a typical page-load time before and after the upgrade?
- When the site is running slowly, can you see which part of your system is using all the CPU / memory / disc-io? (If these are Linux servers, try running top while the servers are under load)
- Can you turn on slow-query logging on your database, to see if particular queries are the cause?
Dear Tim Hunt, sorry for my brief words. Yes I should clarify it.
My moodle is running on shared hosting (hostgator). And the learners start to inform me the slowness who are in different country.
1. For all pages I tried. For example I listed the page-load time below:
- for log-in: 22 sec
- discussion part: 20 sec,
- to open glossary: 21 sec
- for creating new user: 30 sec
- to show the users list after fill the registering form for new user : 25 sec
Here I have only one course which have not heave data.
Thanks for you advice. I found the issue and fixed.
Glad to hear that!
You can do something in return, apart from the Useful rating, I mean ;), to explain what was wrong and how you corrected it. That serves two main purposes: a) It'll extend the "knowlegde base" of the regulars in this forum b) somebody with the same problem might find the answer here.
How did you fix it? Knowledge helps future users