My Course Restore keeps hanging

My Course Restore keeps hanging

by Belinda Finlay -
Number of replies: 8

If someone is able to help I would appreciate it.  I am attempting with no success to restore a course to my site from another moodle site.  The course comes from a Moodle version 2.6.1 and my version is 2.6.2.

It hangs at the last stage: example screenshot.

I have adjusted the php.ini file for max downloads at max_execution_time as recommended in other forums with no joy.

I have also turned debugging on but get no error message.

I tried uploading on the the Moodle Demo site which is I believe version 2.8 and was successful. Suggestion of where to next would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Belinda Finlay

Re: My Course Restore keeps hanging

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Do you have some non standard plugins? Are they the same on your two sites?

Did you try a backup/restore with just a part of the content of your course?

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Rich Henkel -

I too am having lots of problems restoring and it hanging at the same point.  I dont have any non standard plugins as this is a clean install.  I have created a localhost with 2.8.5 and it restored just fine, but on my host I can not get it to work.

Any suggestions?

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Belinda Finlay -

The course is coming from another parties Moodle site, hence I would really like to bring it across as a whole course and not part.

I believe there are some plugins with the course, but I was lead to believe this wouldn't affect the restore, it would just show once restored that they were required.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my slow reply - I have been away.

In reply to Belinda Finlay

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Please turn debugging on and then post any error messages. 

How large is the file that you are trying? You might have to wait several minutes for the process to finish.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Belinda Finlay -

I got no messages when I used debugging. The file is 30MB. I have left it for several hours with no luck.

I have managed to create a clean 2.8 Moodle and restore it in there...but still now joy on my other site. Any suggestion are appreciated.