Quiz next button problem.

Quiz next button problem.

by Manjunath Mattam -
Number of replies: 10

I am having troubles in quiz module. I can't find next button. It is not displaying.

I tried browsing through older posts, and based on suggestions there checked if there are extra tags in HTML view (etc.). Could not find a solution.

Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manjunath Mattam

Re: Quiz next button problem.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What version of Moodle are you using, how many questions in the Quiz, what type of question behaviour are you using (i.e. deferred feedback etc). Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Manjunath Mattam -

Thank you for the responding. I have more than 50 questions or so. I am attaching what I see. Yesterday I installed poodle, after that next button stopped working. I am also attaching version as seen in notifications section.

Attachment no next button.PNG
Attachment version.PNG

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

"Yesterday I installed poodle"

Can you test uninstalling it again? (to confirm that is the problem)

Have you got Debugging turned on, so you can see any error messages?

If you use the developer tools in your web browser to inspect the HTML of the page, can you see the Next button there (just hidden by some CSS) or is the Next button no longer being output?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Manjunath Mattam -

Thank you for response. I uninstalled, but next button did not appear.

Sorry debugging was not on, i have just turned it on for developer mode.

Also as per your suggestion, i clicked on view source and I can't see next button any where.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What version of Moodle?  How did you uninstall poodl?  Did you uninstall all parts of it - filter/questiontype/activity?  Did you uninstall through the web interface or just remove the folder?  Was there a poodl question in this quiz?  Is this happening for every quiz?

If it started after installing poodl, that about has to be the issue..

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Manjunath Mattam -

I uninstalled poodll both @ website and in the folders (Filter folder & Plugins folder). It shows add-ons 0, so i am guessing uninstallation is done. Currently no poodll questions in the quiz. Yes it happens with every quiz, next button disappeared. 

In reply to Marcus Green

by Manjunath Mattam -

Question behavior is deferred feedback. 

We do not use quiz navigation, with out next button there is no way to go forward. today I tried to enable quiz navigation and the question numbers there do not have URLs. They are not enabled for clicking. So i was not able to navigate at all.

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello, could it be a theme problem ? If you use a customized theme, have you tried with clean or more themes shipped with Moodle ? Have you any custom CSS in your theme ?

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Manjunath Mattam -
We tried the quiz with different theme, problem still persists. It is not customized theme, boxxie is part of moodle shipped themes. We are not using any customized css in the theme. 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

At this point, I think you will need to reinstall your moodle code, or at least, the quiz folder (though this might not fix it so recommend reinstalling the whole thing).  

I am guessing you might be on an older version so this might give you a good reason to upgrade!