unable to edit on one computer

Re: unable to edit on one computer

by Glen Hill -
Number of replies: 4
Thanks for the advice, Mary. However, the problem is global. That is, using Firefox, I can no longer edit any of my courses. I have the same problem in being unable to click on that blue "Edit" to the right of labels or other items (e.g., resources) I have inserted in them. It's blue, and the cursor looks like a finger, but it is not active.

I have not added any rogue text, either, as you described.

Further item:
I have noticed that when I scroll down a course page to test this editing problem, and then try to click "Edit", I am moved to the top of the page. Weird.

Besides, none of this addresses the other more major concern of being unable to see the Administration and Navigation menu tabs. I am not an administrator for the website, but I have always been able to see them.
In reply to Glen Hill

Re: unable to edit on one computer

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Could you take some screenshots of what this looks like as a teacher when you have the editing turned on? What is the name of the theme you are using? So to confirm - because this seems not what you initially said: you say that in Firefox you cannot edit any of your courses? And what about in Internet Explorer?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Course working in IE but broken in Firefox

by Glen Hill -

Mary,

I apologize if I didn't write clearly the first time. I'll try to explain better here, and that will also mean adding some information.

Yes, I am unable to edit a label that has already been created by me even though the blue "Edit" is visible.

Yes, I am unable to edit the center blocks as follows: I can see the cog icon, but when I click on it and it opens with the text box, there is no set of text controls on top. So, all I can type is plain unaltered text, and I can't add any vids or images. Screen shot attached below (file 2). There are HTML symbols now in the Firefox version because I modified the text with some bold font using IE, but there were never any HTML before that when I initially created Topic 1 text using Firefox.

The menu tabs for Navigation and Administration are missing. Screen shot attached below (file 1, no number).

I am not showing in the screen shots the top and bottom Windows bars, but what I just noticed is that the URL is slightly different. In Internet Explorer it has view.php?id=73#section-16 at the end of the address, whereas in Firefox it ends only in view.php?id=73.

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Tuesday, 31 March 2015, 8:24 AM)

In reply to Glen Hill

Course working in IE but broken in Firefox

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello again - so it seems your course is working as it should in Internet Explorer - I see the admin and navigation blocks tabbed and you can add an activity or resource and see the formatting in your label? But in Firefox you don't get any of these? It's odd - I have changed the title of your thread to alert people who might have a better idea. 

What happens in Firefox if you add the URL  view.php?id=73#section-16  (ie the bit you don't get but which you see in IE?)

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Course working in IE but broken in Firefox

by Glen Hill -

Thanks for the renaming.

I added that additional text to the address, but nothing happened that I could see. I then clicked on the cog for Topic 1 and returned to see that such text was gone, so it's not permanent.