Compile all Moodle settings?

Compile all Moodle settings?

by Trevar Pearce -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,

We're wanting to create a (massive) list of all of our Moodle site settings (including all plugin settings, roles and permissions, etc) - partly in order to compare our Moodle installations and where they differ. In browsing through the database, I have found a number of tables that do obviously contain settings (for instance, mdl_assign_plugin_config, but they are many, disparate and not necessarily easy to identify programmatically (at least, to my eyes). Has anyone out there built a script that will work through the entire DB and compile this list, even if it's just for Moodle core? Or is there documentation that could help me (by identifying where and how settings are stored) build such a script? We are currently running 2.5.9 and will be upgrading shortly to 2.7.4.

Thanks,

Trevar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trevar Pearce

Re: Compile all Moodle settings?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

All configuration setting should be in the various *config* tables. 

However, if you are talking about how things like activities are set up then all bets are off. Moodle doesn't enforce how individual plugins store their metadata so it would be incredibly difficult to generalise for all plugins. 

I can't think why you might want to do this. If you want two sites the same - clone one from the other. Done wink