Server Upgrade issue

Server Upgrade issue

by Ian Cousins -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I am running a Moodle 1.9 development that has been running for a few years now without any issues, that is until my server hosting provider upgraded from server 2003 to 2008, since them my Moodle has failed to load and I get the following 500 error when trying to access the site.  Can anyone help with some advice.

Regards,

Ian

PHP Warning:  require_once(E:\domains\p\pdpenhancement.org.uk\user\htdocs/lib/setup.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\Domains\p\pdpenhancement.org.uk-1081968252\user\htdocs\config.php on line 23
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'E:\domains\p\pdpenhancement.org.uk\user\htdocs/lib/setup.php' (include_path='.;C:\php-5.4.32\pear') in E:\Domains\p\pdpenhancement.org.uk-1081968252\user\htdocs\config.php on line 23
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Cousins

Re: Server Upgrade issue

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Looks like they might also have changed the folder structure where your site is installed...

Your Moodle is looking for setup.php in this folder "E:\domains\p\pdpenhancement.org.uk\user\htdocs/lib/" but your config.php file is located in this folder "E:\Domains\p\pdpenhancement.org.uk-1081968252\user\htdocs\"

I would confirm that the settings in your config.php match the new folder structure the hosting providers have created.

Jon

In reply to Ian Cousins

Re: Server Upgrade issue

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ian, I would double to Jon's analysis, as I have just opened your site and still showing same errors.

You have to get in touch with your hosting provider as what I am assuming is, though they did manage to upgrade from IIS 6 to IIS 7, but trust me, there had been A LOT that has changed between version 6 and 7, and chances are, though your hosting providers did manage to upgrade, without knowing the consequences/changes to be made underlying as again mentioning, loads of things have changed, it seems they manage to mis-configure the drive paths as well. if they have moved the site(s) to the default directory, then they should as well mention in the site's configuration, the updated paths.