installing moodle (trying for 2 days now) and still get stuck

Re: installing moodle (trying for 2 days now) and still get stuck

by Usman Asar -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Derek, after looking at the hosteurope's website thoroughly I am somehow convinced that their basic and medium packages will not be able to install Moodle, as Moodle require innoDB and this starts at their premium packages.

also they have mentioned something like "WebPanel", have they not given you access to your hosting webpanel? as like I had mentioned before, CPanel/Plesk etc are names of web administration panels that makes the task of setting up things easier at user's end, and they are not just two, there are many more with different names, but all work to make things easier (setting emails, websites, installing scripts etc).

you can always ask them if the basic package can support "Moodle" as by looking at the specifications, it does seems to me that package is just for someone creating a small database driven website to test.

if they do not cater for Moodle installation on this package, try upgrading, else do give a try to contabo.com (contabo.de), they are German based too but a very recommended company.

In reply to Usman Asar

by derek reddy -

Ok

I had a moodle 2.4 running on host europe, so what I will do for now is return to where I was, that reload the 2.4 version.

So I reload the main file containing moodle

Do I need to reload the data file?

and how do I put the database back to the original. I have a back up copy as a sql file.

And thanks for your time, it has been really helpful

In reply to derek reddy

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You actually should just be able to load the moodle folder as I don't believe your site has ever actually upgraded.  If it throws errors, then restore your sql file - you should be able to do a restore or import from your sql manager.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by derek reddy -

Hi Emma

I think it did upgrade as I now get a lot of error reports to do with the database.

I have tried to import my old database but get a message/warning saying that there is a duplicate on the primary key 1 and the import aborts.

Another option I have is to rename the existing database but then the system asks me if I want to dump the old database, my worry is that if I proceed can I still import the old database and will it get rewritten with the same passwords etc.?

In reply to derek reddy

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I would start by seeing if there is a restore option in your server control panel - that might treat it differently.  It sounds like maybe the import is trying to add the data to the existing instead of replacing.  Take another backup of your existing.  Then rename it.  Then import your backup as a new database with the name of the database that moodle uses - or import as a new database with new name and then direct moodle to it in config.php
In reply to Emma Richardson

by derek reddy -

OK, I've kind of got everything back in place.

I now can't read or use newly uploaded scorm packages, I'm getting this

Incorrect pool file content ac1c260262e8011a1766eda642dfbf4804303112.

More information about this error

Debug info: 
Error code: hashpoolproblem
Stack trace:
  • line 1514 of /lib/filestorage/file_storage.php: file_pool_content_exception thrown
  • line 1168 of /lib/filestorage/file_storage.php: call to file_storage->add_string_to_pool()
  • line 403 of /lib/filestorage/zip_packer.php: call to file_storage->create_file_from_string()
  • line 464 of /lib/filestorage/stored_file.php: call to zip_packer->extract_to_storage()
  • line 244 of /mod/scorm/locallib.php: call to stored_file->extract_to_storage()
  • line 157 of /mod/scorm/lib.php: call to scorm_parse()
  • line 448 of /course/modedit.php: call to scorm_add_instance()
In reply to derek reddy

by Emma Richardson -

That is a new one for me - not sure where to start - hash almost suggests something with the database hash..perhaps someone else has some clues..

In reply to derek reddy

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The links from the documentation link at the bottom of your post tend to talk about having run out of disk space... Have you?

Jon

In reply to Jon Witts

by derek reddy -

I have 38 GB from 50 spare, so I don't think I am running out of space

In reply to derek reddy

by derek reddy -

I have found the file ac1c260262e8011a1766eda642dfbf4804303112. but I have no idea if that is a useful thing or not