DPS Enrollment plugin

DPS Enrollment plugin

by Vincent DeBecko -
Number of replies: 5

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

I've installed the DPS Enrollment plugin which is the only plugin available for Moodle which allows for credit card payments.

I've installed it, and opened a test account with "payment express", the gateway company. 

Student now can pick a course, click continue, which takes them to the payment express interface. Student enters their credot card number, then clicks submit. Gets approval, BUT THEN.....

....when the click the NEXT button, which should take them back to our site, we are getting the following error:

"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Invalid database query parameter value"

PLEASE HELP!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vincent DeBecko

Re: DPS Enrollment plugin

by john Simpson -

Yes you're right there is no other method of payment plugins for moodle, but I do recall recent mention of a paypal plugin, but I can longer find this. I'm surprised of this lack of payment plugins.

Also I can see that you must be on a moodle 2.2 or lower version, because dps has not been upgraded 2.2 since then and higher moodle versions wouldn't be able to even install dps. We are now on 2.8.

Asking others, would this be a problem? Plugins that don't keep themselves upgraded and up to date with moodle.

I personally would use paymente from my home website page using a simple shopping basket software, and then link on students to moodle once they are enrolled.

In reply to john Simpson

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well there certainly is a paypal enrolment plugin. Perhaps you can't see it because it is in Moodle core, ie its not on the plugins database, because its already installed.

https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Paypal_enrolment

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Vincent DeBecko -

Yes, moodle comes with a paypal gateway built in.

The DPS enrollment plugin I have installed in our moodle version 2.8.

Everything work s fine EXCEPT when you reach the last page, which triggers the confirm.php file of the plugin, we are getting an error message whihc says:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Invalid database query parameter value

Does anyone know why I am getting this error and how to correct it?????

If I can get this to work, we will all have a payment gateway plugin we can use as I'll share the rest of what I did.

HELP!!

In reply to Vincent DeBecko

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There will be more detailed error information in the server error logs, perhaps post those back here. 

But it is what it says, a coding error. So you will need to look at the php and fix whatever it is,  or get a developer to look at it. Sometimes it can be a strange set of set of circumstances you can avoid, but even then its still really a coding error.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by john Simpson -

It clearly states that it's supported up to moodle 2.2, and like a lot of plugins this would put me off installing if I am on a later version such as moodle 2.7 or 8. But as you can see the instructions state if there are any problems, ask on this forum, and that is what is being done to eventually fix this problem. https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=348

Yes, help from the maker is required.