BCU language chooser disappears after login

BCU language chooser disappears after login

by David Bennett -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

The language chooser is enabled on a client's site and is visible from the start page before login. But it disappears after login. I've only done minor CSS work and nothing that should scupper the language menu. Is there a setting somewhere that would do this? Any other ideas?

Moodle 2.8.5 and BCU is version 2015022500 (release 1.1.1)

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Bennett

Re: BCU language chooser disappears after login

by Mike Grant -

Hi David,

This will be fixed in the next version that will be released, if you're interested what was done to fix it (you might want to just copy the code over before I upload the update) https://bitbucket.org/jezh/moodle-theme_bcu/issue/153/language-menu-issues

In reply to Mike Grant

Svar: Re: BCU language chooser disappears after login

by David Bennett -

Thanks Mike.

I added the code but to no avail. I did notice however that the line numbers in my files did not correspond to the line numbers on github - indicating a version mismatch perhaps?

In reply to Mike Grant

by sergia Dupoux -

Good Afternoon, I am having the same exact issue, I just implemented the BCU theme and a huge selling point is the language selector we are offering Spanish translation. We are running Moodle 2.7 and BCU Release 1.3.1 I would love to know how to get the language selector to show in the header after Login, we are doing SSO

In reply to sergia Dupoux

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've tested in 2.7 and the menu works well using BCU version 1.3.1

Notice that the menu is a flag icon, not the language name:

Please, do not post in the plugins page and duplicate the question. I will answer only here.