Essential user menu not behaving itself

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Essential user menu not behaving itself

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Essential user menu not behaving itself

by David Bennett -

Hi all and thanks for your engagement on this issue.

(i've got two menu issues at the moment, in separate threads. This one about essential's user menu that Gareth posted the screen shot about (23:33 yesterday) and another about BCUs language menu which has disappeared)

I rechecked all the permissions for all user types and found that I had previously missed making "authorised user on front page" the same as student. Since I was only checking from the front page, and not from within a course, then I was using that role. So to cut a long story short, it was my bad since I had missed the correct setting. It works now as it should.

Sorry if I caused you all a load of extra work.

In reply to David Bennett

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Essential user menu not behaving itself

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

Thank you for replying.  Is this: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=310781#p1245337 still an issue?

Kind regards,

Gareth

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Essential user menu not behaving itself

by David Bennett -

Hi Gareth,

No. The forum posts and discussions links disappear from the user menu on the start page as expected when the authorised user on first page role settings are correctly set.

The problem was that I was expecting the student role settings to influence the menu shown on the start page. I'm feeling a bit silly about that.

regards

David

In reply to David Bennett

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Essential user menu not behaving itself

by Robin Leung -

Hello,

How hard (or easy) is it to get the user menu and this course menu to work in another theme?

I'm currently using a modfication of this theme: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/theme_evolved

Thanks.

In reply to Robin Leung

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Essential user menu not behaving itself

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Robin,

If you are experienced = easy to moderately easy.  If you are a beginner = hard to impossible.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Robin Leung -

I wouldn't say I'm a beginner not am I experienced. Probably in the middle.

Are there documentations anywhere? Or do you have any pointers...

Thanks Gareth.